We are starting to receive requests for information on the 2020 Oratorical Contests. Attached is the information including dates and topics that was mailed to all Post Commanders and Oratorical Chairs on record at department. If you have not received this information it is usually an indication that you have not registered your information with Mamie. You can do so by filling out the appropriate form and forwarding to department headquarters.
- Post contests must begin after October 26, 2019 and conclude by December 20, 2019
- District contests may begin on December 21, 2019 and conclude by January 17, 2020
- Division contest may begin on January 18, 2020 and conclude by February 9, 2020
- Department finals will be held in Frisco, TX on Monday February 17, 2020 (Presidents Day)
- Please plan to attend Americanism Commission meeting at 2:00PM Wednesday September 25, 2019 at the department Fall DEC.
The American Legion Oratorical program affords thousands of young people the opportunity to hone their speaking skills and learn about the U.S. Constitution. Thank you for your interest in this important American Legion program.
I am here to help as needed